The new age
Raising the bar in the competitive 85cc class, the all new generation TC 85 features much of the same technology found in the successful full-size Husqvarna motocross line-up. With an all new frame and state of the art WP suspension, young mini riders can push the limit confidently while a new engine delivers a stronger and more controllable power delivery ensuring top level performance and durability for the future stars of tomorrow.
New Generation Chassis
- Frame: Professionally crafted by WP Performance Systems, the Chromium Molybdenum steel frame is constructed using hydro formed tubes joined by precision robot welding to ensure the highest level of consistent quality.
- WP AER 43: The WP AER 43 consists of a split fork design using a capsuled air spring in the left leg and the trusted oil damping system in the right leg. The new components offer a significant improvement in suspension performance with an increase in wheel travel to 280 mm total (+10 mm).
- WP Xplor rear shock: On the rear, a specific version of the new WP XPlor PDS shock absorber is fitted to the TC 85. The design offers improved progression and response which is further improved by lowering the mounting angle by 3°. Wheel travel is increased by 5 mm and is 305 mm total.
- Subframe: Made from lightweight aluminium, the new subframe features a shorter and more compact profile. Overall, the component is now 75 mm shorter and 0.2 kg lighter which not only contributes to the overall weight reduction but also improves mass centralisation.
- Airbox: The air filter is easily accessed, without tools, by removing the left side panel. Easy maintenance is guaranteed by the Twin Air filter and filter cage design that features a simple fail proof mounting system for safe and accurate filter installation.
- Cooling: New radiators produced by WP Performance Systems are designed using CFD (computational fluid dynamics) to ensure the ideal passage of air through the cooling fins. Combined with a revised routing of the coolant circuit, the new system ensures the optimal engine temperature for the highest performance.
- Swingarm: Manufactured using a gravity die-cast production process, the one-piece aluminium swingarm offers exceptional strength at the lowest possible weight. For easy maintenance, the chain adjustment markings are visible from above making chain adjustment even simpler.
- Exhaust: The new exhaust system is perfectly suited to the power characteristics of the engine and contributes to the outstanding performance and ride-ability all round. Additionally, the new silencer is 50 mm shorter improving mass centralisation.
Modern 2-Stroke Performance
- Engine: The TC 85 engine uses the latest in 2-stroke technology to deliver unrivalled performance in the competitive 85cc class. With an unchanged bore and stroke, the engine is 0.69 kg lighter and delivers improved power and ride-ability along the complete RPM range.
- Cylinder: The cylinder is designed around an all new power valve system. The new system controls both the exhaust valve and the sub exhaust port for significantly improved power, torque and controllability. As a result, the TC 85 receives a significant increase in mid-range performance reducing the need to use the clutch in loamy or sandy conditions.
- Crankcases: The crankcases are manufactured using a high pressure die-cast production process keeping wall thickness to a minimum while retaining strength and durability. The design of the new cases is more compact and aims at positioning the shaft arrangements as close as possible to the centre of gravity for improved handling.
- Clutch: Replacing the previous coil spring design, the TC 85 features a new diaphragm spring clutch. The new design is 0.4 kg lighter, more compact and also benefits from added durability. The clutch is actuated using a Formula hydraulic system meaning that play is always compensated for and the clutch point remains the same under different conditions as well as over time.
- ODI lock-on grips: The TC 85 is fitted with high quality ODI lock on grips standard. The system includes a vulcanised grip on the right side while the lock on grip on the left does not require glue or wire for mounting.
- Wheels: Black Excel rims and CNC machined hubs are fitted with Maxxis tyres that deliver outstanding performance on a variety of terrain. The block pattern and rubber compound deliver exceptional straight-line stability and excellent traction and predictability.
- Bodywork: The TC 85 features all new bodywork scaled to precisely fit the proportions of an 85 rider. The contact points and feeling deliver exceptional ergonomics instilling confidence while also leaving room for free and unrestricted movement.
- Brakes: A Formula four piston brake calliper and 240mm wave disc up front, and a two piston calliper and 210mm wave disc at the rear ensure powerful and confident braking. The piston size on the rear calliper is reduced by 2 mm to 22 mm and in combination with a new rear brake lever provides improved modulation and feeling.
- Engine Type: Single Cylinder 2-Stroke
- Displacement: 84.9 cc
- Bore/Stroke: 47 mm/48.95 mm
- Starter: Kickstarter
- Transmission: 6 Gears
- Fuel System: Keihin PWK 28
- Final Drive: 13:49
- Cooling: Liquid Cooling
- Clutch: Wet Multi-disc DS Clutch, Formula Hydraulics
- Frame: Central Double-cradle-type 25CrMo4 Steel
- Subframe: Aluminum
- Front Suspension: WP AER 43 USD Fork
- Rear Suspension: WP Xplor PDS Monoshock
- Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 220/210 mm
- Front/Rear Tires: 70/100 x 19 in.; 90/100 x 16 in.
- Steering Head Angle: 24°
- Triple Clamp Offset: 14 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,290 ± 10 mm / 50.8 in. ± 0.4 in.
- Ground Clearance: 377 mm / 14.8 in.
- Seat Height: 885mm / 34.8 in.
- Tank Capacity: 5 L / 1.3 gal.
- Weight, w/o Fuel: 68 kg / 149.9 lb.
The illustrated vehicles may vary in selected details from the production models and some illustrations feature optional equipment available at additional cost. All information concerning the scope of supply, appearance, services, dimensions and weights is non-binding and specified with the proviso that mistakes, printing, setting and typing errors may occur; such information is subject to change without notice.